Primary School students explore the story of Hansel and Gretel through guided drama activities. NO PREP REQUIRED! This curriculum aligned primary drama unit has 5 x 60 minute detailed lesson plans with extension and differentiation activities. A perfect and engaging way to explore a well loved story.
THE HANSEL AND GRETEL DRAMA UNIT INCLUDES:
- 5 x 60 Minute Detailed Lesson Plans based on Hansel and Gretel
- Scene Starter Cards
- Additional and Extension Activities
KEY DRAMA VOCABULARY: Movement. Freeze. Voice. Characters. Putting yourself in someone else’s shoes. Scene. Facial Expression. Emotion. Gestures. Sound Effects. Drama Machine. Soundscape. Feelings.
HANSEL AND GRETEL DRAMA UNIT AIMS: Primary School students explore the story ‘Hansel and Gretel’ through guided drama activities. Students develop drama skills: creating, responding and performing throughout various guided drama experiences.
- Visualise a world and respond to text (psycho drama)
- Relate parts of the story to personal experiences
- Put themselves in someone else’s shoes and describe a characters feelings
- Respond to directions
- Use movement, facial expression and gesture to convey meaning and show emotions
- Create soundscapes (use sound to create a drama environment)
- Collaborate with peers to create scenes and contribute ideas
- Contribute to guided drama experiences
- Develop creative ideas
- Practice rhymes from the story
***ENGLISH / LITERACY TEACHERS: These drama lesson activities based on 'Hansel and Gretel' will work beautifully alongside and enhance your elementary English curriculum. The drama lessons are designed and set out in such a way as to span across multiple lessons and compliment English curriculum - following elements of the story and story themes. So why not add some drama to your English lessons? Your students will love it and enjoy and explore the story in a whole new way!!!
DRAMA LESSON OBJECTIVES
- Explore and extend parts of the story using movement and performance.
- Recall to and act out part of the story, responding to repetition in storytelling and extending ideas.
- Use their voice in interesting ways to represent different characters and pair speech with action.
- Build tension with sound.
- Maintain focus during a drama experience and respond to directions.
- Use their bodies to tell a story and use stylised movement to recreate a part of the story.
- Respond to guided drama / movement experiences.
- Explore the theme of 'helping each other' through a drama experience.
- Participate in and perform guided scripted activities.
KEY DRAMA VOCABULARY: Drama. Movement. Character. Story. Sound. Freeze. Voice. Pretend. Tension.
WHAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THIS TEACHING RESOURCE:
"This is an amazing resource! Everything is clear and ready to go. Drama Trunk quickly became my go to shop for activities last year and I never regret a purchase. :)"
"The students loved this drama unit! It was a great introduction to drama for my Kinders with easy to follow lesson sequences."
"Wonderful resource! Thank you!"
"I taught the first lesson today and both classes (grade 1 and combined grade 1 / 2) loved the activities! Thank you so much for such a great resource!"
"This unit was a lifesaver and my students love it!"
"Huge time saver and I love that it was ready to use :)"
"Quick easy to follow barely any prep lessons. This unit was a hit with my Grade 2s. Thanks!"
"These activities are great - my class was on task for the whole session (and if you met them you would know what a great compliment this was!)"
"I love how it's broken into different sections (intro, warm up, conclusion)"
"Very detailed lessons that last a very long time when working with grade 1s."
"My students love this unit. They literally BEG to do drama everyday. Thank you"
"This is an excellent resource. I used it with several classes this year, as a drama prep teacher. Lots of fun. Thank you."
"This is a great drama unit! My students loved the activities. I loved how each lesson focused on different drama skills."
You can find more drama lesson plans, drama games and more for primary and elementary kids HERE!
HANSEL and GRETEL
SUITABLE FOR YEAR LEVELS (GRADES)
1, 2, 3, 4
This is a digital download (PDF) file only. This product is for personal classroom or homeschool use by a single purchaser only. You may not distribute, copy or modify this product other than for your own personal, non-commercial classroom use. © Drama Trunk.
Full terms of purchase and use can be found here.