These are drama lesson plans for elementary (primary) students exploring the story of 'Room on the Broom' by Julia Donaldson. Through guided and themed drama lesson activities, students develop drama skills: creating, responding and performing and explore the theme of friendship through drama.
***ENGLISH / LITERACY TEACHERS: These drama lesson activities based on 'Room on the Broom' will work beautifully alongside and enhance your elementary English curriculum. The drama lessons are designed and set out in such a way as to span across multiple lessons (depending on the time allocated - I would split the lesson activities over 4 lessons) and compliment English curriculum - following elements of the story and story themes. So why not add some drama to your English lessons? Your students will love it and enjoy and explore the story in a whole new way!!!
DRAMA LESSON OBJECTIVES
- Explore and extend parts of the story using movement and performance.
- Recall to and act out part of the story, responding to repetition in storytelling and extending ideas.
- Use their voice in interesting ways to represent different characters and pair speech with action.
- Build tension with sound.
- Maintain focus during a drama experience and respond to directions.
- Use their bodies to tell a story and use stylised movement to recreate a part of the story.
- Respond to guided drama / movement experiences.
- Explore the theme of 'helping each other' through a drama experience.
- Participate in and perform guided scripted activities.
KEY DRAMA VOCABULARY: Drama. Movement. Character. Story. Sound. Freeze. Voice. Pretend. Tension.
You can find more drama lesson plans, drama games and more for primary and elementary kids HERE!
ROOM ON THE BROOM
SUITABLE FOR YEAR LEVELS (GRADES)
2, 3, 4, 5
This is a digital download (PDF) file only. This product is for personal classroom or homeschool use by a single purchaser only. You may not distribute, copy or modify this product other than for your own personal, non-commercial classroom use. © Drama Trunk.
Full terms of purchase and use can be found here.