Elementary students explore the story of Snow White through guided drama activities. Includes a whole class drama script for an end of unit performance (rehearse the play throughout the unit or work on it separately at the end). NO PREP REQUIRED! This curriculum aligned drama unit for elementary has 4 x 60 minute detailed lesson plans plus a whole class performance script (to put on a play afterwards). A perfect and engaging way to explore a well loved story with a second performance script 'The Evil Queen Character Drama Machine' (also use as Reader's Theater) included as well.
THE SNOW WHITE DRAMA UNIT INCLUDES:
- 4 x 60 Minute Detailed Lesson Plans based on Snow White
- Whole Class Performance Script with detailed teachers version (including staging ideas) and student version. The script has plenty of chorus and individual lines. Find out more about the WHOLE CLASS SCRIPT
- Evil Queen Character Machine Drama Circle (Find out more about the EVIL QUEEN DRAMA MACHINE)
- Snow White Themed Dramatic Death Prompt Cards (learn how to play DRAMATIC DEATHS)
- Thought Corridor Lines
- Snow White Scene Starters
KEY DRAMA VOCABULARY: Freeze Frame. Describe.Characteristics. Character Machine. Mime. Friendship. Movement. Voice. Characters. Thought Corridor. Inner Thoughts. Scene. Facial Expression. Dramatic Deaths. Slow Motion.
SNOW WHITE DRAMA UNIT AIMS: Students explore the story ‘Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs’ through guided drama activities. Students develop drama skills: creating, responding and performing throughout various guided drama experiences and performance of a whole class play.
The unit works towards the performance of a whole class short play of Snow White (script provided with detailed directions) where students use the skills they have learnt and draw on the drama activities they have participated in to present a performance!
- Develop movement, voices and freezes for different characters (characterisation)
- Use adjectives to describe a character
- Perform and reflect on a Character Drama Machine
- Use pantomime to depict elements of the story
- Devise and present short scenes exploring the theme of ‘helping your friends’
- Devise and perform Dramatic Death scenes
- Explore a character’s inner thoughts and feelings
- Collaborate with peers to create scenes and contribute ideas
- Contribute to guided drama experiences
- Contribute to and perform a whole class performance of the story
- Reflect on drama learning
***ENGLISH / LITERACY TEACHERS: These drama lesson activities based on 'Snow White' will work beautifully alongside and enhance your elementary English curriculum. The drama lessons are designed and set out in such a way as to span across multiple lessons and compliment English curriculum - following elements of the story and story themes. So why not add some drama to your English lessons? Your students will love it and enjoy and explore the story in a whole new way!!!
WHAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THIS TEACHING RESOURCE:
"Wonderful as always!"
"This is a well-planned unit exploring elements of drama, especially character. My students really enjoyed all the different exercises."
"Thank you! This was a very helpful resource."
"My students love this drama circle and now want to create their own."
"So much fun. A great resource for my year 2/3 drama classes."
"Quality resource as usual - thank you"
You can find more drama lesson plans, drama games and more for primary and elementary kids HERE!
SUITABLE FOR YEAR LEVELS (GRADES)
3, 4, 5, 6
This is a digital download (PDF) file only. This product is for personal classroom or homeschool use by a single purchaser only. You may not distribute, copy or modify this product other than for your own personal, non-commercial classroom use. © Drama Trunk.
Full terms of purchase and use can be found here.