ROMEO AND JULIET Drama Unit - NO PREP REQUIRED! This detailed, curriculum aligned drama unit has 5 x 100 minute detailed lesson plans exploring Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet through a range of performance activities. This drama unit comes with everything you need including script extracts, amended scripts and the full original version script. I've done your term planning for you so you and have included detailed instructions so you can implement quality Shakespeare drama lessons!
Note on timing: you may like to take some of the activities slower than indicated. I have jam packed the unit on purpose (with options for extension activities) so you have plenty of options for dynamic classes.
THE ROMEO & JULIET DRAMA UNIT INCLUDES:
- 5 x 100 Minute Detailed Lesson Plans
- Homework Tasks (with homework handouts)
- Full Romeo and Juliet Script (nicely formatted in .pdf)
- Amended Scene Extracts (for use in classes)
- Scene Starter Cards
- Romeo and Juliet Unit Assessment Templates
- Additional and Extension Activities
KEY DRAMA VOCABULARY: Shakespeare. Iambic Pentameter. Rhythm. Prose, Drama Cannon. Stage Fighting. Duologue. Imagery. Complex Characters. Interpretation. Climax. Conflict. Prologue. Point of View.
ROMEO AND JULIET UNIT AIMS: Students explore Shakespeare’s ‘Romeo and Juliet’ through performance
- Use Shakespearean language
- Use a variety of dramatic conventions
- Explore complex characters
- Understand the underlying rhythm of Shakespeare and Iambic Pentameter
- Learn lines and engage with the language of Shakespeare
- Perform Shakespeare in a natural way
- Understand the structure of the play
- Learn about and incorporate choreographed stage fighting
- Perform duologues
- Perform group scenes
- Improvise themed scenarios
- Perform the Play Climax
- Understand the themes of the play
The first lesson of the unit explores Iambic Pentameter in and meaning of the prologue to Romeo & Juliet and includes a prologue handout and performance activities.
WHAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THIS ROMEO AND JULIET DRAMA UNIT:
"Looking forward to using this one for many years!"
"Excellent resource. As described."
"Such a great resource, really saved me on planning a last minute yet quality drama unit! Wonderful, thank you!"
ROMEO and JULIET
SUITABLE FOR YEAR LEVELS (GRADES)
7, 8, 9, 10
This is a digital download (PDF) file only. This product is for personal classroom or homeschool use by a single purchaser only. You may not distribute, copy or modify this product other than for your own personal, non-commercial classroom use. © Drama Trunk.
Full terms of purchase and use can be found here.