THE TEMPEST Shakespeare Drama Unit - NO PREP REQUIRED! This curriculum aligned Shakespeare drama unit has 5 x 100 minute detailed lesson plans exploring Shakespeare's The Tempest through a range of performance activities. A perfect Shakespeare introductory unit, I've done your lesson planning for you! This unit comes with detailed instructions, scene extracts for in-class performance (no need to source separately) including modern language and amended extracts, Shakespearean insult drama cards, a Shakespeare drama circle, Shakespeare Unit assessment template (for ease of marking) and a full copy of the play (original language version). Can be taught to Grade 6 (but advanced groups).Note on timing: you may like to take some of the activities slower than indicated. I have jam packed the unit on purpose (with options for extension activities) so you have plenty of options for dynamic classes.THE TEMPEST DRAMA UNIT INCLUDES:
- 5 x 100 Minute Detailed Lesson Plans
- Homework Tasks
- Full Script in original Shakespeare language (nicely formatted in original language)
- Amended Scene Extracts (for use in classes)
- Shakespearean Insults Drama Cards
- Shakespeare Circle for The Tempest (which you can find individually HERE!)
- Additional and Extension Activities
- Differentiation Activities
- Tempest Drama Unit Assessment Template (for ease of marking)
- Tempest Drama Unit reflection handout (for students to complete a reflection of the unit)KEY DRAMA VOCABULARY: Characterization. Physical Theater. Freeze Frame (tableaux). Stereotypes. Status. Shakespearean Language. Soundscape. Hot Seating. Drama Cannon.THE TEMPEST DRAMA UNIT AIMS: Students are introduced to Shakespearean language and characters through exploration of The Tempest.
- Learn lines and engage with the language of Shakespeare
- Explore status
- Use a variety of dramatic conventions
- Explore complex characters, using movement, gesture and voice to express a cparacter’s personality
- Contribute ideas and use drama vocabulary
- Rehearse and perform script extracts
- Contribute to whole class performance activities
- Use soundscape
- Use physical theatre
What is a drama soundscape? A drama soundscape is where a rich drama environment is created with use of sounds that create dramatic effect. Sounds may be created with voices or percussion.
WHAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THIS SHAKESPEARE DRAMA UNIT:
"Great start for The Tempest"
"Can't wait to use this for my Middle Schoolers! Looks amazing!!"
"Great drama resource, makes Shakespeare accessible for many different levels, thank you!"
SUITABLE FOR YEAR LEVELS (GRADES)
6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This is a digital download (PDF) file only. This product is for personal classroom or homeschool use by a single purchaser only. You may not distribute, copy or modify this product other than for your own personal, non-commercial classroom use. © Drama Trunk.
Full terms of purchase and use can be found here.